Saturday, January 7, 2012

The source of Bliss

My body is radiating. Every little vessel has been reborn and races ferociously through my limbs, thankful to be alive. Today I saw my body through new eyes. Through the eyes of someone who cannot see. For 120 minutes, side by side, Nate and I received Thai Massages at The Thai Massage Conservation Club. All of the therapists who work here have been trained by The Thailand Association for the Blind. My therapist could not see nor could we speak a common language yet he intrinsically knew my body. It was incredible and will forever change the way that I approach my own massage work. Thank you Alan and Malee for sharing such a gift with us.

Following our massages, on light fluffy clouds, we floated down the street to our favorite restaurant. In the past few days we have become devotees and have eaten here every day. For most of you reading this you may not share our enthusiasm but for all the vegetarians out there...we found Mecca! It's been a constant diet of rice and noodles for us while traveling. The adventurous meals that many people have while exploring new places are simply lost on us. But this place, while quiet humble, is a little slice of heaven. For less than a dollar you can have a heaping plate of rice, scrumptious GREEN veggies, incredible veggie proteins, papaya salad, noodle soup....mmmm.... I see visit number four tomorrow. And to top it all off - perfectly ripe avocados at dinner.

Truly a blissful day.

- oh a Nate threw a visit to the dentist in there too. That may have not been so blissful



No comments:

Post a Comment