Saturday, January 21, 2012

Just breathe.

In and out. The lungs expand deeper with each breathe. IN and OUT. in and out. In and out until each movement is less calculated. Every gulp of oxygen is a gift I am acutely aware of receiving.

Each day the corset of obligation loosens. Each morning my mind begins it's praise with arms thrown up, spinning around in gleeful circles. The sun rose again today! The sky is blue today! I am healthy today!

Our lives can be anything we want them to be. Isn't that simply glorious?

To have the means and freedom to do as you choose. To be able to travel around the world and know that I have a loving and incredibly beautiful family to come home to. The world is so rich and yet so many go without. If it is beyond my abilities to cure the worlds misfortunes than the best that I can do is humble myself and acknowledge how deeply fortunate I am. Hoping that the essence I leave behind is of love. Thank you creator for providing me with open eyes.

In our wake of love, we have left behind Chiang Mai. As I said before, we made a nest there. It was warm and lovely but it was time to fly north. We have been in the incredible mountain town of Pai for the past few days. Soaking up sun, waterfalls and mineral springs. Pai is a valley of artists and music makers. Everyone seems to be high on each others energy and so I keep taking BIG gulps of air to store up it up for when I need a little lift. Tomorrow we will begin a two day bus/boat journey into Laos to unearth new adventures and a new culture. Until then....breathe....


No comments:

Post a Comment