Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nate-Guy Post. Version 1.0

Nateguy entry 1
Version 1.0

Blessings to all whose eyes are awake.
So whereas Amanda has been providing beautiful blog tapas of our travels, I think my style is more of a blog entree...maybe even buffet. help yourself and sorry if there are repeats....

We spent eleven days traversing California's northern coast, with a good chunk of it in the spanking city of San Francisco. Small towns, saskwatches, bad beds, the whole deal. Highlights include, but shouldn't be limited to;

Paula the Impala.
Our trustworthy rental car.

The Avenue of the Giants.
Epic Redwood trees. Ancient brothers standing firm. No comparison to anything in the East. Nothing, nada. Show me a drive thru tree.... Sorry East Coast.

Mr. Dave-Guy and Ms. Laura Kelty, Briandeye and Sir Scott.
Four of our closest friends sharing some city adventures. Love love.

A new haircut on Haight Street.
From an awesome, well decent, Asian dude at his family's hair salon. Fifteen bucks. The price even included a drunk street woman. She smelled of pee and ranted nonsense all while eating her drippy burrito...INSIDE the salon.

Trinidad California for a reggae show.
A quasi-we're-lost-drive, but an amazing evening filled with friends, family, African food, Amandala musicians and Rise Up Family.
Do good...do good.

A missed flight to Bali...
12am differs from 12pm. Lesson learned, as Amanda has stated earlier. We got the same flight the next evening no problem.

I was greeted in Bali by the kind lady in front of me. She decided to vomit backwards and towards my feet just as we hit the runway. Why she didn't use the complimentary airline provided barf bag, we will never know. Luckily I was spared direct hit...It was eerily similar to the episode of Seinfeld where Newman gets hit second hand by the magic loogie.

Our first night at the hotel in Sanur I woke up to reeeaalllyyyy bad, really bumping dance music at like 4am...I thought it was our neighbors partying and just rolled over to catch up on my zzz. The next night though, the same music came on at the SAME time.
Not cool. Amanda slept through the first night's clubbing but not this one.
It's 4:11am. I went to investigate.
Lo and behold it was not our neighbors as I believed. The hotel was hosting a week long conference for some Asian computer company. I guess 4am seemed a good time to go to the tennis court, located outside of our room, to practice aerobics with possibly the worst, loudest music they could find. We got up pretty early that day.

Ubud is a happening little spot with lots of expats, European visitors and us. Religion, mainly Hinduism is so alive here. You can feel its pulse in the streets. In the homes. In the faces that always smile at you. Every day, life is given to the Gods with daily sacraments and offerings. The people may be financially poor, but they are rich in spirit and they share and care more than any culture or region I've experienced.
Now that I'm away from the farm, and the hustle of every day work work work, I've been given time to reflect on the very negative experience I received back in VT. It hasn't been easy. Seems like I held it in for the past two months and have only begun to face these demons lately. But I can't think of a better place to heal. Combine that with the undying patience and open hearted love of Amanda and I know my wounds heal. Time, Nate-Guy time...love to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment