Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bali wrapped it's warm frangiapani arms around us yesterday afternoon after traveling for more than 24 hours. Give thanks. It was all we could do just to stay awake until we got to our hotel. We decided to really splurge for the first two nights (and by splurging I mean $50 per night) and stay in a nice hotel. I was blown away to behold this magical oasis just off the busy road. There are mango trees growing and birds singing and sun shining... We were greeted by the ever smiling staff with a watermelon juice and then whisked off to our room to shower and pretty much pass right out (after room service of course, which was $7 for the both of us) into our canopy bed. Around 10 pm we were woken to the loudest thunder I have EVER experienced. I had to ask Nate this morning if I had dreamt it. I really can't stress how loud it was. It felt like the heavens were cracking open right over our canopy. Now we wake up to blue skies and birds singing, how blessed are we!... Time to order room service again!

1 comment:

  1. Say Hello to the SUN for us!!!
    Glad to hear you made it safe. Mav kiss xo

    ReplyDelete