Sunday, March 18, 2012

Heavy hearts in white marble

It is with the heaviest of hearts that I write this post. My beautiful sweet Grandmother has gone to her creator and will now forever bless the stars that look down upon me. She holds hands with my Grandfather now, this I know, and feel certain that they both watch over me on whichever roads I choose to follow. Tomorrow I will begin my journey home, in time to cry and laugh and cry with my family. It was only this morning that I booked my ticket and while it feels so sudden, painfully sudden that I leave India, I know it will wait for me and I will return under sunnier skies.

I find it fitting that on the day before I leave this beautifully mystical country, that we should visit the Taj Mahal. The quintessential Indian icon, which stands as a monument to undying love and utter devotion. I could not help but think of my Grandmother. How proud she is of me to have come this far, following my dreams and how she would have been in pure amazement at the accomplishments of love. I thanked her so many times over today, for allowing me to see this through her eyes.

I haven't really begun to understand the enormity of leaving these travels and returning "home". We have grown so much and experienced more than one could ever expect. Our cups run over... I just envisioned a different kind of homecoming. I am sad. But I know I am going to a place of love and warm arms. Nate and I will not be returning together though, which makes my net all the more fragile. He will be continuing onward to Tanzania to be with his sister for a time. Family is the most cherished and important bond that we have and I am grateful that he will be with her to 'continue filling his cup'...

In light. In love. In Peace. Be well and know that we are all one...



No comments:

Post a Comment