Tuesday, March 27, 2012

And then there were two...

With hugs, tears, and words of encouragement Amanda flew home. Sacrificing her manifested travel, exactly where she has always wanted to be, to be exactly where she needed to be. With her family. Brave. Compassionate. Strong...I miss you. I love you. I will see you soon.

Why the universe acts as it does I may never know, but I can have faith in the fact that it always acts accordingly and delivers exactly what everyone needs...somehow. Now the pen has been passed, the script and characters changed, and a new storyline unfolds.
And so, it continues in yet another holy city in a country where everything is turning up holy. Pushkar! An Aladdin-esque city set amongst the arid Indian desert. Periwinkle blue, and white washed buildings creep out into the dry land like a slow growing garden. Drums, bells, voices of prayer, flowers and incense color its air. At the center is Pushkar lake, created when Brahman dropped a lotus flower, it's petals circling the globe three times before dropping to the ground. Because of this, it is home to the only Brahmin temple in the world, it shares the ashes of Mahatma Ghandi with Varanasi. One can wash away all of life's accumulated sins with just a bath in this holy water. It is indescribably rich, yet beautifully humble and real. Plus it has camels.

With the road manager of this band now gone the dynamics are truly different. But it would be doing an injustice to her if I did not continue as best I can with the remainder of my time. And even though distance may have us apart now and leading us down different paths, the commitment I have to Amanda and the life we shared on the road will continue on. Unless i get into camel racing.....

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment