Saturday, April 7, 2012

Goa, going, gone

April 6th, 2012

Dear Goa,

So long and thanks for all the fish. I'll always remember your laid back, charismatic lifestyle and the times we shared. Laughing, lounging, soaking the sun... It was so nice and relaxing, I don't know how I could have done it without you. You were such a wonderful catalyst for making new friends. I had no idea an American, a German, a Russian, two Brits and two Scotsman could share company for a week and NOT talk about politics.

I also want to thank you for your bountiful gifts of fresh fruits, fresh veggies, fresh juices, the freshy fresh market, the fresh smiles, fresh sheets at the guesthouse (such a nice daily treat), fresh sunburns, fresh flowers, fresh dried fish...? and the aforementioned fresh seafood. Oh gosh, stop me my friend!

Oh and cricket! You taught me about cricket! What a wild game, I mean, in that highly competitive, somewhat sophisticated way. I'll never release the memory of cheap Budweiser and cricket matches into the morning hours. Or how about the lovely karaoke session we shared!? Just delightful.
I do hope you heed my small advice and clean yourself more. The ill placed rubbish that surrounds your beautiful ocean eyes is dreadful. I know, I know we discussed it. And I don't want to seem brash towards you in the least. But push harder towards your recycling program, educate those who don't know and maybe in time a new shift will begin. You never know til you try! So try my dear!

Ok, I'll rest my pen now. Take care Goa, land of relaxment, land of blissed outness. Until we meet again.

Your traveling friend,
Rev. N.R. Meloney

ps. - I think you have my shorts.

1 comment: